Friday, December 7, 2007

Frenchie is Still a Chirping Yellow Vespa

We just picked up Frenchie from Varsity Cycles for the weekend, he's been there all week and they changed out parts and tested him and after 5 days and 40+ miles of road test, he still chirps and squeaks. We live just a few miles from the Vespa shop and by the time we got home he was chirping loudly again.


Frenchie has had a new swing arm, a new motor mount, & a variety of replaced pieces. Can this yellow Vespa be a "lemon"? The motor runs good and the ride is good, just very noisy with a high pitched squeak.

Does anyone out there have any idea what is going on with the new yellow LX150 Vespas? Heinz, our red LX150, runs like a Swiss clock and almost as quiet. But you hear Frenchie coming down the road before he arrives. He is beautiful but Bad!

4 comments:

Alessandro Melillo said...

it could help if you somewhat recorded the sound and posted it to us!
It's weird, as I usually can track any vibrating noise or rattle, but a chirp, geez, is pretty strange!

Anonymous said...

I realize that some time has gone by since you introduced us to Frenchie and his/her chirp. I too have a 2007 yellow lx 150 that also had a chirp. Went to the shop a couple of times with little positive result. I now have close to 700 miles on the clock and the "chirp" is all but gone. So I'm guessing that time and miles solved the problem. I loved my LX from the beginning and love it even more today.

Anonymous said...

I also have a yellow LX150, now with 1200 miles. Had the terrible chirp (sounds like a monkey is living in the pet warmer), had the swing arm replaced to correct it, and it was great for about a month. Now the swing arm is back with a vengeance, and my dealer is not being terribly helpful. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

sorry, the chirp is back with a vengeance in my previous post, he he